- Scroll down to class date in red
- Choose the preferred class date
- Proceed to Continue with Registration on the bottom
This class is presented REMOTELY Part 1 via a Zoom platform and Part 2 skills validation live. Temperature (must be below 100.4) will be taken at live classes and PPE Provided
- Students may pick up materials from the Rancho Cucamonga Office or may be mailed. Standard rate $10, Priority rate $15 - 10 days or less befor class start date. Materials and or book fees apply to all. You will be contacted for payment.
- Registration 4 days or less before the class: Course materials must be picked up at the Key Medical Resources office before the class starts.
- Once you confirm you will be sent an invitation to join the Zoom Room.
- This may be done by Computer, Tablet or Smartphone
- Please call Office (909) 980-0126 or Terry Rudd Text or call 951 520-3116 for questions.
- Certificate will be the same certificate as an in person class
- You will receive texts and emails. Please respond to all messages with your name and response
PALS INSTRUCTOR (AHA) 2015 GUIDELINES
Part 1 (Remote via Zoom), Part 2 (Live Skills and Monitoring)
Prior to attending the instructor course be sure the following is done:
- Completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor Essentials Online for the Discipline - https://shopcpr.heart.org/instructor Product Number: Product Number: 15-1417 Search Essentials. Send and/or show completed certificate in Remote Class Part 1 (via Zoom) class.
- Current provider card in the Discipline Send and/or show current provider card in Remote Class Part 1 (via Zoom) class.
- Affiliation with an AHA Training Center - either Key Medical Resources after discussion with Terry Rudd or completion of an Instructor Candidate Application form signed by another training center.
- 2015 Guidelines provider book and instructor manual - Instructor Manual included in course fee.. Bring both to Part 2 of 2.
- Completion of PALS Pre-Course Assessment - Bring to Part 2
- Please contact Terry Rudd, Training Center Coordinator for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, text or call (951) 520-3116.
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Instructor
16.0 Contact Hours California Board of Registered Nursing CEP# 15122
California EMS CE Provider #62-2034 (For courses with EMS content)
If EMS CE hours are needed you must notify the instructor at the class as (separate submission required to EMS)
All Payment taken at the door.
$400 for Course, Monitoring and Mentoring also includes Instructor Manual.
Contract Employees or Passport Holders: $350.00 for Course
Student/New Grad: Student and New Grad discount does not apply for this course.
Please Note: Key Medical Resources will prescreen all candidates prior to the course. Please contact Terry Rudd (951-520-3116) or email@example.com. Key Medical Resources reserves the right to determine who may attend instructor training through the Training Center.
How the PALS Instructor Part 1 (Remote) and 2 is Designed:
Part 1 (Remote via Zoom) Requirements
1. Register for Instructor Course - If more than one level register for each level (BLS, ACLS, PALS)
2. Attend Part 1 instructor course - instructor essentials exam will be given electronically in this portion
3. After Part 1 instructor course: Attend Provider and Update Course (no charge)
You will register for this class as a student using Promo Code "AHA Instructor Candidate" (www.kmreduction.com)
Written exam will be given electronically at each course.
a. Observe PALS Part 1 of 2 Provider/first time - after attending instructor course
b. Observe PALS (Renew/Update) Part 1 of 2 - after attending instructor course
Part 2 Live Requirements by appointment - all at Rancho Cucamonga Office
1. Bring current provider card, affiliation (Instructor Candidadte Appliation Form) or discussion with Terry Rudd
2. Perform skills for instructor
3. Observe instructor teaching skills to students.
4. At least 1 successful monitoring (may take more than one time) on a second appointment. You will teach students.
5. After Part 1 instructor course:
a. Observe and complete requirements for PALS Part 1 of 2 Provider/first time - after attending instructor course
b. Observe and complete requirements or PALS (Renew/Update) Part 1 of 2 - after attending instructor course
6. When all part 1 and 2 are completed will receive
b. Instructor card
- If affiliated with Key Medical from Key Medical
- If affiliated with another trainng center course materials will be sent to that training center who will issuce the instructor card.
The instructor course is an intensive course for those individuals who have already successfully completed the discipline-specific provider course. This course is designed to train instructor candidates to conduct provider and update courses on the latest AHA guidelines and skills set for the specific discipline being taught. The role and scope of practice of healthcare providers vary greatly globally, so there are no profession-specific guidelines for becoming an AHA instructor in a specific discipline. Instructor candidates should exemplify integrity, demonstrate strong ethics, communicate clearly, and model a dedication to quality training. Instructor candidates must meet certain requirements before taking the instructor course. Before attending the PALS classroom portion of an instructor course, all instructor candidates must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be licensed or certified in a healthcare occupation in which PALS skills are within their scope of practice
- Be aligned with an AHA Training Center
- Have a current/official AHA PALS Provider course completion card
- Be proficient in the skills of PALS
- Complete PALS Instructor Essentials https://shopcpr.heart.org/instructor
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application - Will be sent electronically to be completed during Part 1
This instructor course has 2 parts. The first part is the PALS Instructor Essentials module, which contains essential information about teaching PALS for the AHA. Every candidate must take this module.
The second part is the classroom portion, which you lead.
The goal of dividing the course into online and classroom-based portions is to maximize in-class learning and make sure that candidates get as much hands-on practice time with an experienced faculty member as possible.
If you have any questions about prerequisites, please consult your Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty, and/or refer to the Program Administration Manual (PAM).
PALS Current Provider book to all sessions,
PALS Current Instructor Manual will be sent with course materials
PALS Course DVDs to be purchased separately
Complete PALS Instructor Essentials Online - $34
An instructor update will be provided at no charge when the 2020 Guidelines are published. You will be notified about this update.
Additional instructor courses taken will be discounted $50
All 3 Levels may be started on the first day, same day
1. ACLS Instructor $400 = 1st class
2. BLS Instructor $350 = 2nd class
3. PALS Instructor $300 = 3rd class
Do not hesitate to text, call or email Terry Rudd for any Questions
Mobile 951 520-3116 firstname.lastname@example.org