- Scroll down to class date in red
- Choose the preferred class date
- Proceed to Continue with Registration on the bottom
This class is presented REMOTELY Part 1 via a Zoom platform and Part 2 skills validation live. Temperature (must be below 100.4) will be taken at live classes and PPE Provided
- Course Materials must be preordered before the class at shopcpr.heart.org
- Registration 4 days or less before the class: Course materials must be in hand before the remote class starts.
- Once you confirm you will be sent an invitation to join the Zoom Room.
- This may be done by Computer, Tablet or Smartphone
- Please call Terry Rudd Text or call 951 520-3116 for questions.
- Certificate will be the same certificate as an in person class
- You will receive texts and emails. Please respond to all messages with your name and response
PALS INSTRUCTOR (AHA) 2020 GUIDELINES
Part 1 (Remote via Zoom), Part 2 (Live Skills and Monitoring)
Required before course begins:
Email completed documents to Terry Rudd firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 909 980-0643
- Current AHA PALS Provider Card in hand.
- elearning.heart.org - Instructor 2020 Materials and Product Update
- PALS Instructor Update - no charge
- PALS Product and Course Orientation - no charge
- shopcpr.heart.org Be sure all product numbers have a 20- before them - Needed to teach a class
- PALS Provider Manuarl 2020 Guidelines Paper or eBook
- PALS Instructor Manaul 2020 Guidelines Paper or eBook
- PALS DVD or Digital Video
- ***PALS Instructor Package with DVD or with Digital Video (Includes items 1, 2, and 3 together
- PALS Instructor Essentials Online Direct purchase at shopcpr.heart.org $35
Product Number: 20-1417
Complete both sections, print completion certificate and email to email@example.com
- Affiliation with an AHA Training Center - either Key Medical Resources after discussion with Terry Rudd or completion of an Instructor Candidate Application form signed by another training center.
- Please contact Terry Rudd, Training Center Coordinator for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, text or call (951) 520-3116.
16.0 Contact Hours California Board of Registered Nursing CEP# 15122
California EMS CE Provider #62-2034 (For courses with EMS content)
If EMS CE hours are needed you must notify the instructor at the class as (separate submission required to EMS)
Payment will be invoiced at class for Part 1 of 2
$400 for Course, Monitoring and Mentoring
$35 PALS Instructor Essentials online direct purchase at shopcpr.heart.org
If multiple disciplines will be taken, each discipline will be $50 less. For example: BLS $400, ACLS $350, PALS $300
$350.00 Contract Employees or Passport Holders: for Course
No Alignment Fee first year. After that $100 annual alignment fee one disciplince, $200 multiple disciplines
Student/New Grad: Student and New Grad discount does not apply for this course.
Please Note: Key Medical Resources will prescreen all candidates prior to the course. Please contact Terry Rudd (951-520-3116) or email@example.com. Key Medical Resources reserves the right to determine who may attend instructor training through the Training Center.
PALS Instructors may also teach (PEARS) courses. This course will require purchase or PEARS Provider Manual, Instructor Manual and Course DVDs or Digital product.
Design of Part 1 and Part 2 Instructor Training
Part 1 (Remote via Zoom) Requirements
1. Register for Instructor Course - If more than one level register for each level (BLS, ACLS, PALS)
2. Attend Part 1 of the instructor course
3. After Part 1 instructor course:
a. You will register for this class as a student using Promo Code "AHA Instructor Candidate" (www.kmreducation.com)
b. Written exam will be given electronically at each course.
c. Observe PALS Provider and (Renew/Update) Part 1 of 2 - after attending instructor course. You will be registering for 2 different part 1's. Provider 8 - 3 pm, Update 9 - 12:30 pm Use Promo Code AHA Instructor Candidate
Part 2 Live Monitoring Requirements by appointment - all at Rancho Cucamonga Office
1. Bring current provider card, affiliation (Instructor Candidadte Appliation Form) or discussion with Terry Rudd
2. Perform skills for instructor
3. Observe instructor teaching skills to students.
4. At least 1 successful monitoring (may take more than one time) on future appointment (s). You will be observed teaching students as the monitoring.
5. After Part 1 instructor course:
a. Observe and complete requirements for PALS Part 1 of 2 Provider/first time - after observing the Part 1 of 2 Zoom
b. Observe and complete requirements or PALS (Renew/Update) Part 2 of 2 after observing Part 1 of 2 Update Renewal Course via Zoom
6. When all of part 1 and 2 are successfully completed you will receive
b. Instructor card
- If affiliated with Key Medical from Key Medical
- If affiliated with another trainng center course materials will be sent to that training center who will issue the instructor card.
c. If aligning with Key Medical Resources,orientation of software utilized for class documentation
The instructor course is an intensive course for those individuals who have already successfully completed the discipline-specific provider course. This course is designed to train instructor candidates to conduct provider and update courses on the latest AHA guidelines and skills set for the specific discipline being taught. The role and scope of practice of healthcare providers vary greatly globally, so there are no profession-specific guidelines for becoming an AHA instructor in a specific discipline. Instructor candidates should exemplify integrity, demonstrate strong ethics, communicate clearly, and model a dedication to quality training. Instructor candidates must meet certain requirements before taking the instructor course. Before attending the PALS classroom portion of an instructor course, all instructor candidates must
- Instructors must be at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified in a healthcare occupation where the skills are within the provider's scope of practice
- per Key Medical must have RN, Paramedic, RCP, PA, or MD
- Be aligned with an AHA Training Center
- Have a current/official AHA PALS Provider course completion card
- Be proficient in the skills of PALS
- Complete precourse assignments
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application - Will be sent electronically to be completed during Part 1 of the Instructor Course
This instructor course has 2 parts.
Part 1 is Zoom, Remote
Part 2 is live classroom portion, which you will have your skills monitored and function as a lead instructor with students.
The goal of dividing the course into online and classroom-based portions is to maximize in-class learning and make sure that candidates get as much hands-on practice time with an experienced faculty member as possible.
If you have any questions about prerequisites, please contact Terry Rudd 951 520-3116 Educate100@aol.com
Required Books and Resources as Described Above
All 3 Levels may be started on the first day, same day
1. ACLS Instructor $400 = 1st class
2. BLS Instructor $350 = 2nd class
3. PALS Instructor $300 = 3rd class
Do not hesitate to text, call or email Terry Rudd for any Questions
Mobile 951 520-3116 firstname.lastname@example.org
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Friday, January 14, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PMZoom Online Course: Key Medical 102
- Saturday, March 19, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PMZoom Online Course: Key Medical 102
- Friday, May 13, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PMZoom Online Course: Key Medical 102
- Saturday, July 16, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PMZoom Online Course: Key Medical 102
- Friday, September 9, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PMZoom Online Course: Key Medical 102
- Friday, November 11, 2022 from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PMZoom Online Course: Key Medical 102